Cruise - From Antarctica to Africa (Ponant)
- Discover a new PONANT itinerary between Ushuaia, located in the mythical Tierra del Fuego and commonly regarded as the southernmost city in the world, and Cape Town, land of South Africa at the entrance gate of the Cape of Good Hope.
- Embark on a 22-day expedition cruise, including theFalkland Islands and the South Georgia, a sub-Antarctic region formed by a chain of underwater mountains. These places of adventures are home to a rich and fascinating wildlife including king penguins, humpback whales, elephant seals, and fur seals.
- And for the first time, discover three of the most isolated islands in the world: Tristan da Cunha, a volcanic and mountainous land remarkable for its 2,000 meter peak;Gough Island, home to one of the world’s largest seabird colonies and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site; andNightingale Island, a refuge for many penguins.
- CONSECUTIVE CRUISESTake advantage of our special consecutive cruises offers (1)
-When this cruise is in 2nd position get a -20% discount
-When this cruise is in 3rd position get a -30% discount
– When this cruise is in 4th position get a -40% discount
22 days / 21 nights from AUD 10140 *
Days: From 4 March to 25 March 2017
Day 1 – Ushuaia (Argentina)
Flight Buenos-Aires/Ushuaia (Argentina).
Direct transfer on board or transfer to Arakur Resort, located inside Cerro Alarken natural Reserve. Time at leisure, lunch and/or optional excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park.
Embarkation from 16h00 to 17h00
Day 2 – At sea
Day 3 – New Island / Grave Cove (Falkland Islands)
Day 4 – Saunders / Volunteer (Falkland Islands)
Day 5 – At sea
Day 6 – At sea
Day 8 – St Andrews / Gryviken (South Georgia)
Day 9 – Gold Harbour / Cooper Bay (South Georgia)
Day 10 – At sea
Day 11 – At sea
Day 12 – At sea
Day 13 – At sea
Day 14 – Tristan Da Cunha (British Overseas Territories)
Day 14 – Nightingale Island (British Overseas Territories)
Day 16 – At sea
Day 17 – At sea
Day 18 – At sea
Day 19 – At sea
Day 20 – Cape Town (South Africa)
Day 21 – Cape Town (South Africa)
Air Package – For your peace of mind!
Cruise on board the Lyrial
From March 04th till March 25th 2017
Embarkation day Buenos Aires / Ushuaia
Flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia.
Flight number and time schedule to be advised about 30 days prior to departure.
We suggest you to be at the check in counter 1 ½ hour before flight departure time.
Meet and greet at Ushuaia airport.
Depending on your choice made when booking your cruise:
Departure from the airport and transfer to the pier and embarkation on board your cruise ship.
You will have access to the Grand Salon ; your cabin will be ready from 5.00pm.
Lunch on board.
In the afternoon: time at leisure in Ushuaia.
Departure from the airport and transfer to the Arakur Hotel, one of the newest hotels built in Ushuaia. It overlooks the town and its bay.
In the Yamanas’ language, “Ushuaia” means “the bay which looks towards the east”, this native tribe was established here long before the arrival of the “white” people. At the tip of the Beagle Channel, which connects the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Ushuaia is a unique place in this world and is proud to be the southernmost city. Rising on an island, it seems to float between two oceans. The snow-capped mountains draw the border with Chile in the background. Here you truly feel at the end of the world…
After lunch at the Arakur Hotel you will have some time at leisure and /or will be invited to join a walk through the Natural Reserve of the Cerro Alarken. Arakur is a unique starting point for discovering a preserved area which covers 100 hectares; this is a sheltered place for flora and fauna species typical to the Tierra del Fuego area (please note that the observation of the fauna is not guaranteed) The unique location of the Arakur close to the Mount Alarken makes it as well the perfect setting to enjoy lovely panoramas over the bay.
The walk is selected in order to suit most guests’ walking ability.
Please note that at the moment of booking your cruise, guests willing to visit the Tierra del Fuego National Park will be able to sign up for a group optional excursion. This tour shall take place in the afternoon after lunch and therefore implies that one cannot participate in the walk in the Alarken Reserve. Please note as well that the Tierra del Fuego excursion is subject to a minimum of participation : if this number is not reached, our operator will not be able to guaranty the departure. The Tierra del Fuego excursion rate is of 75 euros /US$ 94 /AU$108 per person (tour description available upon request)
In the middle of the afternoon you will return to Ushuaia on time for embarkation.
Your program includes:
• Transfer, flight Buenos Aires/ Ushuaia in economy class
• Beverages during lunch (bottled water + 1 soft drink or 1 local beer + 1 coffee)
• The walk through the Cerro Alarken Reserve starting from the Arakur Hotel and leaded by English speaking guide
• English-speaking local guide during the transfers.
Your program does not include:
• Gratuities for driver and local guide
• Personal expenses, and other services not mentioned in the program
• The optional excursion to the Tierra del Fuego National Park which has to be booked at the moment you book your cruise
• The local currency is the Argentinian Peso. You will be able to make most of your purchases in USD (in small denominations) or by credit card, accepted in most hotels, shopping centers and boutiques. You will also be able to retrieve Pesos from the ATM’s.
• Summer season: temperatures vary between 41F and 65F
• We recommend you wear warm clothing and comfortable walking shoes for the visit to the Reserve of the Cerro Alarken.
- Pre cruise program: Iguazu Falls (3 days /3 nights)
Price per person in double room: €1,950/$US 2,438/$AU 2,80
Price in single room: €2,585/$US 3,231/$AU 3,722
Airport taxes, subject to change: €60/$US 75/$AU 86
- Post-cruise program: The Cape and its Peninsula
Price per person 170€/US$ 213/ AUD$ 245
- Post-cruise program: Cape Town Standard Room
Price per person in double occupancy: 2400€/US$ 3000/ AUD$ 3456
Price par person in single occupancy : 2730€ / US$ 3412 / AUD$ 3931
- Post-cruise program: Cape Town in Luxury bush facing room
Price per person in double occupancy: 2715€/US$ 3394/ AUD$ 3910
Price par person in single occupancy : 3070€ / US$ 3838 / AUD$ 4421
- Post-cruise program: Cape Town in Water Facing Luxury Room
Price per person in double occupancy: 2825€/US$ 3531/ AUD$ 4068
Price par person in single occupancy : 3190€ / US$ 3988 / AUD$ 4594
|Travelling to Antarctica, Falkland and South Georgia Islands is an exhilarating experience and an expedition at first. The raw beauty and untouched wilderness|
|offer an unusual chance to experience a place where there is little evidence of human presence. Inevitably, there are some consequences that come with such|
|remoteness: please remember that you are far from modern hospitals with full medical facilities and evacuation can take several days thus necessary medical|
|help may not be immediately available.|
Fares listed are per person, based on double occupancy
Ponant Bonus Fare
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 4|
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 5|
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 6|
|Prestige Suite – Deck 5|
|Grand Deluxe Suite|
|Grand Privilege Suite|
|Safety and port taxes (for information purposes)|
|One Child (8-11 years old) sharing cabin with 2 adults|
|3rd adult Passenger in a Superior Stateroom|
|3rd Passenger in a Prestige Suite|
|Single supplement in cabin¹|
Starting at + 30%
Starting at + 30%