Cruise: Istanbul - Civitavecchia (Ponant)
- Starting in Istanbul, Le Lyrial will sail in the wonderful Dardanelles strait and the turquoise waters of the Aegean Sea. You will then head to Greece and its mythical Caldera Santorin before reaching the majestic Italian coasts to Civitavecchia.
- Ever since centuries, Istanbul, which lit up Europe and the Ottoman Empire has been much more than a capital – it is a beacon in the History of civilisations.
- In a setting of vegetation and colourful tropical flowers, of bougainvilleas and oleanders, in the shadow of the snow-topped peak of Mount Etna, Taormina casts a spell over all its visitors.
- You will also have the opportunity to admire the Stromboli, the capricious volcano that looms over the Aeolian Islands. Its activity, uninterrupted for thousands of years, has earned it the nickname the “Lighthouse of the Mediterranean”.
8 Days / 7 Nights from AUD 5240 *
Departure: October 04 2016
Musical Cruise in partnership with Radio Classique:
This cruise, which is exceptional in more ways than one, offers passengers a musical journey from the gateway to the East to the shores of the West: From MOZART and his “Abduction from the Seraglio” or his “Clemency of Titus”, the cycle will be completed. But above all, this cruise, which alternates lyrical evenings with instrumental evenings, plus a musical conference and a conference on Ancient Rome (by Xavier DARCOS of the Academie Française) will allow you to enjoy the performances of some of the finest contemporary musical talents. Playing solo or together, they will take the magic of sailing about Le Lyrial to new heights.
Including some of today’s greatest vocal or instrumental stars, performing solo or in groups, this fabulous musical selection will offer moments of musical emotion every day, in perfect harmony with the emotion of the scenery.
March 24, 2016 : Paris / Tenerife, Canary Islands
We recommend that you arrive in Paris on March 23.
Paris / Tenerife on flight chartered by PONANT.
(Flight details and time to be reconfirmed 6 months prior to the date of services)
Meet and greet at the airport by our local English-speaking representative and transfer to the pier.
Embarkation on your ship, L’Austral.
What is included:
- Chartered flight Paris / Tenerife in economy class, on European Airlines
- Transfer by coach as mentioned in the programme
- Services of a local English-speaking staff at the airport
What is not included:
- Tips for the driver
- Personal expenses and other services not mentioned in the programme
- There is little variation in temperature in Tenerife all year round. The weather remains warm and sunny, and Tenerife is particularly pleasant in March. The average daytime temperature is a comfortable 20°C (68°F).
Day 1 – Istanbul (Turkey)
Embarkation from 4:00PM to 5:00PM
Day 2 – Sailing Dardanelle Strait
Day 2 – Dikili (Turkey)
Day 3 – Kusadasi (Turkey)
Day 4 – Santorini (Greece)
Day 5 – At Sea
Day 6 – Sailing past Stromboli
Day 6 – Taormina (Italy)
Day 7 – Naples (Italy)
Day 8 – Civitavecchia (Italy)
Fares listed are per person, based on double occupancy
Ponant Bonus Fare
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 4|
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 5|
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 6|
|Prestige Suite – Deck 5|
|Grand Deluxe Suite|
|Grand Privilege Suite|
|Safety and port taxes (for information purposes)|
|One Child (8-11 years old) sharing cabin with 2 adults|
|3rd adult Passenger in a Superior Stateroom|
|3rd Passenger in a Prestige Suite|
|Single supplement in cabin¹|
Starting at + 100%
Starting at + 100%