Cruise - South Georgia & Peninsula (Ponant)
- Sailing beyond the roaring fifties and the screaming sixties, your ship will take you into an uninhabited World.
- From South Georgia, a land of adventure whose grandiose landscapes are home to an abundant wildlife, journey in the footsteps of the great explorers as far as the Antarctic Peninsula, with its icy panoramas of iridescent colours.
- Discover a wide variety of animal species comprising the Penguin, Whale, Sea Lions, Albatross or Whales.
16 days / 15 nights from AUD 9060 *
Days: From 19 November to 4 December 2016
Day 1 – Montevideo (Uruguay)
Day 15 – At sea – Drake Passage
- Flight Ushuaia/Buenos Aires in economy class
- Transfer pier/airport
- English speaking local assistance
Your program does not include:
- Gratuities for driver and local guide
- Personal expenses, and other services not mentioned in the program
- Wildlife: Huge colonies of King Penguins, many Elephant Seals basking on the black sandy beaches, large populations of Fur Seals and Macaroni Penguins in South Georgia. Also, hundreds of Gentoo Penguins, Adelie and Chinstrap and the majestic Humpback Whales in Peninsula, as well as the elegant Albatros in the Falkland.
- Landscapes: Mountain chains, imposing glaciers, lush green pastures. Abandoned former whaling stations and historic centers. Drifting icebergs and sea ice in Peninsula.
- Hiking possible: Grytviken, Deception Island and Fortuna Bay.
- Outings in Zodiac® dinghies: Cooper Bay and Half Moon.
- Instructive Discovery in the respect of Environment
- Pre program: Discover Montevideo (2 days /1 night)
Price per person in double room : €370/ $US463/ $AU533 Price in single room: €460/$US575/$AU662
- Post program: Iguazu Falls (4 days /3 nights)
Price per person in double room : €1,950/$US 2,438/$AU 2,808 Price in single room: €2,515/$US 3,144 /$AU 3,622 Airport taxes, subject to change: € 60/$US 75/$AU 86
|Travelling to Antarctica, Falkland and South Georgia Islands is an exhilarating experience and an expedition at first. The raw beauty and untouched wilderness|
|offer an unusual chance to experience a place where there is little evidence of human presence. Inevitably, there are some consequences that come with such|
|remoteness: please remember that you are far from modern hospitals with full medical facilities and evacuation can take several days thus necessary medical|
|help may not be immediately available.|
Fares listed are per person, based on double occupancy
Ponant Bonus Fare
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 4|
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 5|
|Prestige Stateroom – Deck 6|
|Prestige Suite – Deck 5|
|Grand Deluxe Suite|
|Grand Privilege Suite|
|Safety and port taxes (for information purposes)|
|One Child (8-11 years old) sharing cabin with 2 adults|
|3rd adult Passenger in a Superior Stateroom|
|3rd Passenger in a Prestige Suite|
|Single supplement in cabin¹|
Starting at + 30%
Starting at + 30%