From the bustle of New York to the majesty of Niagara Falls, this fascinating holiday showcases the best that East Coast USA and Canada have to offer. Immerse yourself in Washington, the nation’s capital, catch a glimpse of traditional life in Amish country, explore the cobblestone streets of Quebec City and practice your French in Montreal. These amazing destinations will ensure each day is unforgettable.
14 day guided holiday includes:
• 13 nights First Class accommodation
• Breakfast daily, 7 evening meals including a dinner at a Niagara winery
• A range of great sightseeing tours as per the itinerary below
• Transportation by luxury air conditioned coach and services of a Travel Director
• All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
From: $3575* per person twin share
Price is per person twin share and land only.
Single supplement is available.
Further conditions apply.
Please contact me for full terms and conditions.
Day 1 – ARRIVE NEW YORK CITY
Welcome to New York! Check into your hotel and then head out on your own for an afternoon of discovering New York City. Grab a slice of pizza or a hot dog from a street vendor, browse the high-end shops or just relax at your hotel. At 5:30 p.m. your holiday begins with a special Harbour Cruise Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. Board a boat for an insider’s introduction to one of the world’s most captivating cities. Toast the beginning of an unforgettable trip during a relaxing voyage through the beautiful harbour with stunning views of the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan skyline.
Meal(s): (Welcome Reception)
Hotel: New York Marriott East Side
Day 2 – NEW YORK – PHILADELPHIA – WASHINGTON, D.C. (2 NIGHTS)
Take a bite out of the Big Apple. View the Statue of Liberty, the towering Empire State Building, pulsating Times Square and grand Central Park. Travel on to the City of Brotherly Love and a visit to the Liberty Bell Center. View Independence Hall, site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, before travelling on to Washington, D.C., the nation’s capital. This evening enjoy a dinner in the capital city.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Dinner)
Hotel: Capital Hilton
Day 3 – WASHINGTON, D.C. SIGHTSEEING & FREE TIME
Immerse yourself in the proud heritage of a nation today as you view the White House and the U.S. Capitol Building and visit the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II and Vietnam War memorials with a Local Guide. Visit Arlington National Cemetery and learn about the heroes at rest. Enjoy the remainder of the day on your own—perhaps visit one of the Smithsonian’s museums or galleries or take a stroll around Dupont Circle.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast)
Day 4 – WASHINGTON, D.C. – LANCASTER COUNTY/AMISH COUNTRY
Roll back in time to explore the rural back roads of Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County with a guide. Learn about the traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same as they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Tonight, after a hearty dinner, practice preparing whoopie pies, a delicious Local Speciality, for your dessert.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Dinner)
Hotel: The Inn at Leola Village
What’s Included & Insider Experiences
- Be My Guest Relax with your host at a Niagara Falls winery for a delicious meal and idyllic view of the vineyard.
- Hidden Treasure Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure experience, unique to your itinerary, courtesy of your expert Travel Director.
- Local Guide For included sightseeing in Washington, D.C., Montreal and Quebec City.
- Local Speciality Try your hand at making the Amish speciality, whoopie pies, in Lancaster County.
- Local Speciality Visit the Corning Museum of Glass
- New York City See the city’s main highlights on an orientation tour.
- Washington, D.C. Enjoy a tour highlighting the capital’s famous landmarks.
- Arlington Visit Arlington National Cemetery, where many of the nation’s heroes rest.
- Lancaster County Explore the Amish country.
- Niagara Falls View the falls on the Maid of the Mist; visit a local winery for a tour and wine tasting.
- Toronto Enjoy a panoramic city tour including the beautiful Harbourfront.
- Ottawa Explore Canada’s capital city and view its most recognized landmarks.
- Montreal Join a sightseeing tour of old and new Montreal.
- Quebec City Tour the walled city and Plains of Abraham.
- Boston Discover the city on a sightseeing tour along the Freedom Trail.
- Newport Visit this colonial seaport and view Ocean Drive’s famous mansions.
- 13 full breakfasts
- 7 evening meals:
- A Harbour Cruise Welcome Reception with light appetisers and drinks with your Travel Director in New York.
- 4 three-course dinners
- Be My Guest dinner with wine in Niagara Falls
- Farewell Dinner with wine in Boston